It’s time to get ready for another fun-filled season of Malvern League basketball.. As always, our winter league is open to boys and girls teams in grades 1 through 12.
Players should submit their application to their coach by Oct. 21 because team registration deadline is October 28 with a grace period extended until November 4. Even if you make a verbal or email commitment, all team rosters and coach’s information paperwork must be submitted by November 4 or you will not be guaranteed placement.
- All registration paperwork (which can be found on the “Registration” link on our web site) and fees (see Coach's Registration form) must be dropped off or mailed to Malvern Basketball League, 627 N. Speakman Lane, West Chester, PA 19380. Checks should be made payable to “Malvern Basketball League”. All registration FEES must be paid in full by the shirt pick-up, November 24 & 25.
- As a reminder, when filling out the forms, please clearly indicate the team name, the skill level and the gender. Those 3 items seem to be omitted most frequently when we are reviewing applications, so your cooperation is appreciated.
- When determining the skill level of your team, if you have a very strong, competitive team, you may sign up in the next higher grade level. Please note this on the registration form.
- Shirt Pick-Up will be at 627 N. Speakman Lane on Sat. Nov. 24 and Sun. Nov. 25 between 2pm and 5pm.
- Game Schedules will be distributed at the shirt pick-up.
- Additional players can be added to the roster up until Nov. 30.
- Games will begin Sat. Dec. 1. Most games are played on Saturdays and Sundays with very few games played on Friday evening. There will be NO games scheduled during the Christmas and New Year's weekend. Ten games will be scheduled
- The Malvern Winter League is strictly a TEAM league. No individual registrations will be accepted.
- The head coach, assistants and team coordinators MUST sign up (web site home page) for our Email distribution list. This is our main means of communication.
- Practice time is the responsibility of each team. In previous seasons, teams have arranged practice on their own at various local schools, church facilities or other local gyms, usually once per week. If you need a certificate of insurance for the practice time/facility, please contact our Insurance Agent, Paul McShane by emailing email@example.com.
Projected Gym Sites in Chester County:
- The Phelps School (Brand New facility with 3 courts and adjustable rims).
- Chesterbrook Academy, West Chester
- West Chester East High School
- West Chester Fugett Middle School
- West Chester Rustin High School
- West Chester University-South Campus
- West Chester Peirce Middle School
- Malvern Prep
- The Westtown School (4 courts)
In Delaware County/Main Line Area:
- St. Aloysius
- Woodlynne Academy
- Marple Community Center
- Delco Christian School- Elementary – Waterloo Road
- Sacred Heart Academy, Bryn Mawr
- Armenian Sisters Academy
- Episcopal Academy (3 courts)
- Our Mother Of Good Counsel, Bryn Mawr
- St. Luke’s, Broomall
- Liberti Church, Newtown Square
We are also looking for High School or College age students who are interested in earning some extra money being a scorekeeper. Please email or call us if interested.
If you have any questions, please call 610-431-6397 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Malvern Basketball League